Probably haiden because hardware synths were A, expensive and B, inefficient.

I once used decktalk with a short lived screen reading program called win vision, however the decktalk box was forever having problems, and after about four months of use the connection betwene box and computer broke completely and I ended up switching back to hal, ---- which i actually found out was quite capable of doing the things such as continuous document read, which I'd so much liked in win vision, but without the inconvenience of the box.

I will say the one advantage was that being hardware, the synth was one of the most responsive I've seen, ---- though these days given a computer with decent enough ram and a responsive synth like orphius I can stil get a similar speed to the one I had with decktalk.

Beware the Grue!