I agree with this. I think that was a good concept in Monty, and should be kept at least to an extent. That to me would add that extra bit of challenge... and that chasm, for example. If one couldn't find the switch, you could have an alternative method... but a much harder one. So you have two options. Explore and try and find the hidden switch to lower a drawbridge, or jump from ledge to ledge keeping in mind different widths and distances.