From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Yohandy
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 11:12 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] game difficulties was bestsidescroller?-Re:Q9version
1.2.

    Not intending this comment to sound rude, but could we please eliminate
the compromises? why is it every time something is suggested, there has to
be some sort of compromise. I really don't get you guys at all. you want a
difficult game, and Thomas is willing to do just that for us. so why are you

guys trying to limit his creativity? If I was Thomas and I was working on
this game, I'd be afraid to add features due to possible backlash from the
community. Let the man create the game he envisioned for us. if you hate
difficult games, don't buy it. problem solved. See this is exactly why
companies like Draconis don't update us on their progress. nothing fully
satisfies people in the community so devs just go underground and do their
thing. Let's use 3dv as an example. that game, from what I heard from
previews, contains a good amount of cursing. You don't see munewar saying oh

man, this game has too much language and isn't suited for 12 year olds, so
I'm gonna remove this feature. no, he went along with it. and I'm glad he's
doing this. We need to evolve as gamers. we need mature games, as well as
difficult games. this is why I believe that audio games will never evolve.
We're a minority, and that minority wants compromises and specific features
tailored to each individual. The only way for us to evolve as audio gamers
would be for a really rich developer to get out there and say hey look, I'm
gonna make this game, and you guys could either take it or leave it.
unfortunately audio game developers need the extra cash that game
development generates. I don't blame them of course, but this really sucks
for us as a whole. it isn't like the video game market where if a game is
too difficult you simply buy another easier one. We have limitations with
audio games. I'm not even sure what the point I'm trying to make here is
lol. I guess I'm just a bit disappointed at the fact we seem to take one
step forward and 3 back when it comes to audio games and where we all stand
as a community.