Hi.
today as an experiment I tried playing v3d.
in the first 2 levels it was ok because there is nothing much to do these are straight levels. However everything was slightly off centre, it was not much but enough to confuse and annoy me when picking up objects and opening doors. Where v3d came into play was when I was shooting an enemy I could tell what I was hitting. same with grenades but I don't think I could play a game like that, they have probably improved things since direct sound.
I had to go to stereo sound.