Hi,

I have no idea what the copyrights are on some of those games.
However, in my experience even though the copyrights on such games
haven't expired big companies aren't really enforcing them much any
more either.  Take the Infocom games as an example here.

Technically Activision baught up the rights for the original Infocom
games like Zork, Arthur, Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, etc and
sold them for Windows 95 as a limited promotional deal. However, at
that time the internet was growing and people who had the games simply
uploaded the games to a website here and there and you could download
and play them with winfrotz, frotz, etc. Initially Activision was
really ticked about it, but let's face it those games were already old
by the time Activision baught them up and started selling them again.
Now days Activision isn't even selling them any more, and they are
more or less considered abandonware. If you can download and play them
with your  favorite zcode interpreter Activision isn't going to scream
too loudly as long as you don't sell them.

My point is whatever the copyright status is for old games like
Kidnapped, Oregon Trail, etc are as long as I copy them and release
them as freeware the copyright owners aren't likely to give a care who
gets them. If I sell them for a small fee then the copyright holder
might get a little annoyed that I'm making money and they aren't off
their idea. It is better safe than sorry in my opinion.

Smile.