Hi Ron,

Ummm...Didn't you install the software for the Philips 2909? If so you
would have force feedback, and I have used it with the demo of TDV,
Troopenum II, Raceway, Puppy 1, and a number of other games with
joystick support. However, not all the games out there support force
feedback devices. For example, none of the BSC games support force
feedback so none of the game devices out there will fully work with
those titles.

As far as force feedback built in I'm not sure what you mean by that.
All of the force feedback controllers have the motors, vibrators, etc
built in, but in order to actually use those motors etc you have to
install the official device drivers, not the ones that ship with
Windows, and of course the game itself must have force feedback
support as well. Otherwise all those motors etc won't work. That's the
problem we have with Mac and Linux right now.

On Linux someone might write a generic Philips 2909 device driver to
poll the thumb sticks, POV hat, and buttons since that stuff is pretty
standard, but won't write a device driver that actually handles the
force feedback. As a result a Linux game developer such as myself can
only extend support as far as the generic Linux drivers goes. Same
applies if you use the generic XP, Vista, or Windows 7 device drivers
rather than those that ship with the Philips 2909 controller itself.