Hi Ron,

Its been a while since I tried to configure the force feedback stuff
under Windows 7, but I can tell you it has nothing to do with the
device manager. There is a link in the control panel for joysticks I
think it is called "game controllers" or something like that. You
click on that and it brings up a Windows dialog with joysticks and
other game controllers connected to your PC. You select the device you
want to customize, click on Properties, and under there is a check box
to enable/disable force feedback support for that device. If this
isn't enough help let me know and I'll try and squeeze in some time to
write up a walkthrough on the process.

HTH