Hi Shaun,

Well, there is nothing wrong with Using DirectX 8 as far as that goes.
The Windows version of the G3D engine is completely based on the
DirectX 8 API and so is BGT. DirectX 8 still has a use in the gaming
world although the mainstream companies are looking at XInput,
XAudio2, etc, the new API libs, but they perform basically the same on
a 64-bit OS as a 32-bit OS. The real advantage here in using a 64-bit
processor is being able to accurately render 3d graphics, physics
modeling, or anything else that requires heavy number crunching.
Especially, if you need to deal with very large floating point numbers
for very precise calculations. For example, a flight symulator like
Microsoft FSX could use the extra processing power not just for the
realistic 3d graphics, but to perform all that real time physics
modeling that goes on behind the seens to truly emulate flying this or
that aircraft. That stuff is extremely CPU intensive and requires very
precise calculations in order to accurately simulate any aircraft in
flight at any given moment.