To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Sticks version game pads.

well I don't see any reason why us blinks need 64 bit.
what I understand is that programs can only use the first gb of ram, so 1 gb per program.
in 64bit, you can use 4gb per program. or more.
Unless you do image design or something you don't need that much.
Sertainly for us blinks we don't even use 4gb ram.
on my xp system I am using about 440mb about with all the extra halfmb blocks maybe 450-460mb. cutting about a good 80 for readers, and the mail program I am using round 320 -380mb. And thats everything i have, granted my version of hal is old but you get the idea.
there is no way we will ever use 1gb of ram per program.
Performance may improve with a 64bit os but we probably don't need it.
Only people that need it are probably engineers that need to run multipul calculations like my brother, software developers, graphic designers and audio designers that need loads loaded at once and hardcore gamers.
General users don't need this.
In fact general users don't need win7 at alll, but thats the way things go same with ribbons.
Though 7 has loads going for it.
internal disk imaging is a thing I like.