Hi Liam,

Well, that goes without saying. Even with a game like Montezuma's
Revenge they started out with a simple maze, simple traps, easy
enemies, and slowly introduced more difficult mazes and enemies as you
went along. However, the puzzle element and maze element was still
there. Just toned down for the first couple of levels or so. My idea
is similar.

Basically, you would start off with a simple maze, and from there the
mazes and puzzle elements would get harder. Either that or include
more difficult traps and enemies. Either way would progressively get
more difficult in one way or another. However, the main thing is that
I decide on a format now so that I can add x number of rooms and x
number of floors to the game for each level.

Cheers!