Hi,

I imagine they do some sort of miner adjustments to the 3d listener in
order to create a smoth pan from left to right. I'm no expert on 3d
audio, myself, so my implementation could be completely wrong. It
doesn't help that Windows 7 and DirectSound don't work well together,
and I really need something like FMOD or XAudio2 to do 3d properly on
Win 7.