Hi Liam,

Sorry, but I rewrote the G3D input handling for beta 17, and that is
the way it works now. It does use a key press and gets updated as soon
as the key is released. I'm not really sure how to improve the design,
and at this point I'm not exactly enthused of rewriting the input
class again. At least not any time in the near future.

Cheers!