From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 4:27 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Serious pause bug in MOTA

Hi Tom,

Yeah, I know. It is cases like this that really demonstrates how
different growing up in a mainstream background verses a sheltered
blind background can be. I've been playing games for most of my life,
and in most cases when a game is paused if you press any button or
action key it unpauses the game and resumes play. To me that's how
things are.

Then, one day I am sitting down to read e-mail and I'm getting
requests saying I should use some sort of keyboard blocking that
blocks all but the pause key. I'm not at all sure that's a good idea.
That would mean while the game is paused no input is getting passed
through to the application until the keyboard is unblocked. If the
game ccrashes or something that could be a serious problem.

Of course, there is a slightly better method that is instead of
blocking the keyboard I rewrite most of the games functions so that if
an action is performed and the game is paused it will ignore the
request. This is safer than blocking the keyboard, but is A, alot of
extra work, and B, different behavior than I'm personally use to.

Cheers!