I don't think anyone cares how long it will take.
You are progressing if at all a little slowly but progressing.
You are keeping us up to date and earning trust with the community.
YOu are also trying to change the way the blind think of gaming and believe me thats not easy when we are bought up on simple poor blind stuff and also getting what we can handle which is really not much.
To say you may be the first of the new breed of dev is an understatement.
I remember people saying that the mainstream companies will never notice us.
Well if we try to make stuff compared to them as close as we can maybe they will.
I am not saying its easy I wouldn't be able to do what you are doing.
I mean us users can crack, hack, whine,  etc but its not real power.
Even if we succeed we never get it all.
You have the big guns and don't need to sue anyone or other stuff and can keep within the rules. ANd unlike some past devs that don't notify people Well I don't think many will complain about all your work.
Even if it stopped for some major issue I think we would understand.
Put it this way there is no bitterness betwene you as it was with the last person that tried to do this game.
It has been a journey for us all.