From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Orin
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 2:58 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] my frustration with the blind gaming community.

Hi,

The recent MK games starting with Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe stories are
accessible. Blazblue's story is playable, and so will the new Mortal Kombat
and marvel VS. Capcom 3. So yes, fighting games are starting to have nice
stories. Only one that doesn't have one yet is Street Fighter I think.

Orin
orin8...@gmail.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/orinks
Skype: orin1112

On Feb 7, 2011, at 2:04 PM, dark wrote:

> I agree with your points Chris, but In fairness I will point out that most
beat em ups have both an amazingly complex plot, and require far more than
simple pressing of rythm actions in time, not to mention some fantastic
atmospheric battles.

> this is why I myself have played beat em ups for many years (ever sinse
the first releases of Mortal Kombat 1 and street fighter 2, both of which I
played in the arcades), not really in order simply to do matches, but only
for the battles, story and atmosphere of the game.

> Indeed I frequently tried to complete the game on all characters just for
the experience.

> That is why those beat em ups with inaccessible story mode like the later
mk games interest me far less.

> Were there sufficient quantities of games I would find accessible on say a
ps3 or xbox, I'd certainly buy one and play games such as street fighter and
blazblu myself.