Hi,

The recent MK games starting with Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe stories are
accessible. Blazblue's story is playable, and so will the new Mortal Kombat and
marvel VS. Capcom 3. So yes, fighting games are starting to have nice stories.
Only one that doesn't have one yet is Street Fighter I think.

Orin
orin8...@gmail.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/orinks
Skype: orin1112