Yohandy,

It's really very simple.  I have a limited time budget to play games at all,
let alone games that require me to struggle hard even to understand the
interface designed for sighted folk.  And frankly, the huge majority of
video games interest me as much as the huge majority of movies, television
and music out there, which is to say, not at all.  This is as much a matter
of subject as of interface.  I too am totally blind, and frankly a game
where I am dependent upon another to even play is not worth my time.

I am a musician already, so the Rock band/Guitar hero genre doesn't hold
much interest for me; if I'm going to be playing at music, I'd rather be
playing or composing music for real.  I don't care about first-person
shooters or boss-and-level combat games.  An immersive role-playing game
with complexity that is about more than just being able to hit key
combinations with sufficient speed might hold my interest, but I'd have to
be able to play it independently.

And I have in Time of Conflict, the game I want to play, with huge
extensibility, infinite replay value and user configurable maps and
scenarios, plus multiplayer play on the new release.

So let me turn the question around to you, what would be the benefit to me
of mainstream games?  I don't find the sort of socializing around gaming
very satisfying; I don't feel left out when others are discussing the latest
release of Call of Duty, and my gaming needs are met in person or are slowly
being met by games with interfaces I can use independently.  What is the
magical thing I would gain by attempting to play Street Fighter?

        Chris Bartlett