If you decide to do this, would love to somehow work on that.  Dunno in what
capacity I could help, but...

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Travis Siegel
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2011 6:15 AM
To: gamers@audyssey.org
Subject: [Audyssey] Consoles (was Re: my frustration with the blind
gamingcomunity.)

Speaking of console games.
Would there be any interest in a console built with the blind gamer in mind?
I have access to something that could easily be turned into a console with
games built from scratch that could easily be played by blind and visually
impaired users.
There would be games like asteroids, space invaders, and the like.
(yes, all your old favorites) built for a console, and completely
accessible.
I could do this, but I'd have to know there would be an interest for such a
thing.
The consols would cost roughly $200, and the games would be on cartridges
just i like the cartridge systems out there now.
And, a developer kit could be sold so others could develop games as well.
It would plug into your tv, (not your computer) but it would be a true
console system, and would be as acessible as I could make it.
With the cost of the initial console and programming hardware and such
though, it couldn't really sell for less than 200, and even then, I'd only
be making $31 on a sale, which really isn't much all things considered.
But, I'd do it if there would be an interest in such things, as I believe it
would be a great thing to have a console system we could play ourselves.
Anyone else interested?