Thomas I was in no way saying you'd forgotten anyone, your friend for example could I hope with your games play them in some shape or form, maybe for him icons or pictures or something, not test I know, but that option could be their to be turned on and off by the user.
Lisa Hayes

www.nutrimetics.com.au/lisahayes

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 4:59 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Creating Adventure Games

Hi Lisa,

Well, I certainly haven't forgotten about the deaf blind gamers.
Weather I included Sapi or not there would be text on the screen
anyway. It could be read with the Jaws cursor, Window-Eyes mouse
cursor, etc. The thing I really like about text based games is that
they really are universally accessible. It doesn't matter if you are
blind, deaf, sighted, etc they are equally playable. The only people
triditional text adventures really leave out are those who can't type
or those who have trouble spelling words.

For example, I do know someone who has a problem with putting sounds
together to form words. He tries to sound words out and spell them
like they sound and he ends up making some really unusual mistakes.
His spelling is so bad Microsoft Word's spell checker can't even
figure out the words. The only way he can really compose e-mails and
things like that is to use something like Dragon Naturally Speaking
which drastically reduces the number of words he has to type/spell. So
obviously with a problem like that playing triditional text adventure
games is beyond his abilities, or at the very least are difficult.

Anyway, with that in mind I was thinking about trying my hand at
something totally accessible to just about everyone. If someone is
deaf-blind they could use their screen reader and braille display to
read the screen. If they are just blind they can have the screen read
aloud. If Someone has some sort of cognative disability where they
can't read/write well that too can be resolved.

Cheers!