Personally I kind of agree with you on the thing about percussion... but I
believe that those 2 mk tracks were deliberately bad ones.  Look up mortal
kombat Armageddon's metior storm track.  Now that, I feel, is one of the
better tracks.  I tried it in the back of mk vs dcu - what mk 9 is sounding
like is pretty similar in terms of the sound quality itself - and it sounded
good.  But I do see your point.