Yup, i getcha Clement. In terms of actual progressions and melodies,
MK has pretty much always stuck to tinkering within similar scales and
modes. That's fine, it's a signiture thing that's managed to bind
together some pretty dodgy sound design here and there, but there
certainly isn't the variation between pieces that there used to be. In
the last few titles it's almost like the composer has an MK recipe
that he bakes over and over. A bit of fancy decoration rounds off each
batch, rather than him pushing to become a musical master chef every
time. Considering how far the possibilities can go now if you're just
one dude in front of a computer full of libraries, it's a little lazy
perhaps.