Hi Peter,

Thanks. That helped.

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Pitermach
Sent: 06 March 2011 14:37
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Seamlessly upgrading DirectX

Hi, that's a browser dependend thing. for instance, any plain text or html
file will always just be viewed. they're  small anyway so it isn't a
problem.
audio files are dependent on your setup. firefox is able to stream most
audio files. Internet explorer can also do it if windows media player is set
as the default, but if winamp is installed I find it'll frequently force the
"open" command, meaning the browser will download it to a temporary
directory, and then let winamp open it.
Then there are other files like zips or executables. Those definitely can't
just be streamed or viewed so you just have to download them.