Hi all,

I have been following the recent discussions about the best way to either
automatically upgrade DirectX, or check in the setup program whether the
necessary components are installed. There seemed to be some confusion regarding
this, so I spent some time yesterday evening researching it. The following
article is the result:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5121962/DirectX.txt

I would like to know what you all think of my approach, especially other
developers.

I will include this article as part of the BGT package, probably with an
example InnoSetup script that sets up the components that BGT uses which are
XAudio2 from the June2010 SDK, and X3dAudio from the February 2010 SDK. These
are the latest versions available to date.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall