hmmm.
why would you want to write stupid chm files.
YOu can't extract them unless you buy a piece of software.
THere are a few compilers and such.
There is supposed to be something called microsoft help workshop that does this, you write in word then save it as a chm but I havn't really tothered about that. chms are just compressed html files so it may be better for you to write everything in htm and not bother with chm files.