Hi Dark,

Very true. When it comes to 2d side-scrollers Mysteries of the
Ancients is really a first in this community. Beta 18 has cut some new
gground in the audio games market in terms of 2d platformers, and I've
done my best to modernize the 2d platformer by adding features
triditionally found in more advanced 3d first-person games to it. In
the end what you are getting with beta 18 is a 2d platformer with a
completely modern first-person feel and mechanics. Nothing like that
has been done yet in accessible gaming.

Then, you have the true 3d version itself. It builds upon ideas in the
2d platformer, but with a fully implamented 3d environment. That too
hasn't been tried in audio only as Shades of Doom, Sarah, Monkey
Business, etc fake a 3d environment, but never actually have used one.
For that reason MOTA 3D will be a first of its kind when it is
released later this month.

Cheers!