well as long as they stay up for those to enjoy I don't mind.
though I aggree with you  I don't even play acefire these days.
At 11:12 p.m. 14/04/2011, you wrote:
Hi all,
Due to our aim in bringing you quality audiogames and software, we have found it necessary to discontinue support for old titles. Games such as Self Destruct, Acefire, Danger City and the Savage Gamut are no longer being maintained or supported, while Giftanum will shortly be offered for download as an open source educational project. This has been done for several reasons, all of which we have attempted to outline below: Firstly, all the older titles were programmed in a now depricated platform, and are getting more and more unplayable as later versions of Windows are released into the market. They are only just playable on Windows Vista and Windows 7, and even that requires several dependencies to be installed. Secondly, these were originally games written by third party developers who have different methods of programming. As a consequence it is much harder to read and understand the way the program is written, so maintaining them in their current state is impractical. Thirdly, since most of these titles are in a state of completion, maintenance is all that is required, especially with some of the games that contain many critical bugs. As maintaining them is impractical and the development platform is now itself discontinued, the only available option to us is rewriting them from scratch. Given the amount of work it would take and the fact that they were considered free beforehand, it isn't worth the effort that would be involved.. We find it best to work purely on our own titles so that we can concentrate fully on the quality of our work and the finality of our products. I hope this explanation has helped you to understand and support our decision, and are sorry for any inconveniences caused. Although we have discontinued support and maintenance of these titles, X-Sight Interactive still retains the copyright to these titles until such time as further arrangements can be made. With that in mind I ask that these titles are not hosted or redistributed to any third party in any way in their current state.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
Regards,
Damien Pendleton.