Damien,

As a developer myself, I can completely feel your pain.  Most people
simply don't understand the amount of time and effort it takes to
maintain old, bugridden code, especially for release products.  I've
been asked many times if I could just 'create an old copy of Alter
Aeon without new feature X', and the answer is that sure, I could.
But if I have to choose between keeping a bunch of old servers running
and adding new features to the main server, the main server is going
to win out every time.

Dennis Towne

Alter Aeon
http://www.alteraeon.com