Hi Shaun,

This is sort of getting off track, but I'd like to say that's actually
one of the reasons I became a fan of Linux. Although, the desktop
editions have a full graphical desktop environment similar to Windows
it also has a large number of people out there who actively use Linux
in the console/shell environment as well. Especially, for webservers
etc that don't need a graphical user interface. As a result text-based
console apps like the Nano text editor, the Links web browser, Ncftp
ftp client, and various other console apps are still being updated and
developed along side their graphical counterparts. So anyone like you
and I who come from an MS Dos past you get the bestof both worlds. You
can choose to go all graphical, go full console, or use both. Plus the
facth that the Linux shell,Bash, has autocomplete and things like that
its much better than Dos in a lot of ways. Plus Bash is fully
customizable, and you can create your own commands etc just by editing
your local .bashrc file. If you use Bash along side a program like
Screen you can give yourself an additional 10 virtual consoles to work
in making it easy to be browsing the web in links on virtual console
1, and taking notes in Nano in virtual console 2. Its great. As
someone who use to love Dos I took to the Linux console like a duck to
water, and use it side by side with the Linux graphical user
environment.