Hi Thomas,

Actually in dos there was a specific way to put text on the screen so that
every single dos screen reader would speak it automatically.  It was called
writing to the consul or bios of the computer.  It looked like;

OPEN "o", #1, "con"
LOCATE 24, 50: PRINT #1, " Jim Kitchen"

So once you opened a file number to the "con" every thing that you printed to
it would automatically get spoken by a dos screen reader.  I sure do wish that there was
something similar for putting text on the screen in Windows.

Thank you for the suggestion to check out the NVDA screen reader.  I down
loaded it once, but never did install it.  I do need to do that one of these
days.  It's just that I have been using Jaws since December 1989.

BFN

    Jim

I got my degree from Briggs and Stratton.

j...@kitchensinc.net
http://www.kitchensinc.net
(440) 286-6920
Chardon Ohio USA