Hi Hayden,

Yes, of course it does. All cout does is stream text directly to the
console. I can't speak for every screen reader out there, but
generally Window-eyes reads the text as soon as it is printed to the
display. You can also use older functions like printf(), puts(),  etc
to display text on the screen and it works fine as far as I can tell.
At least with modern Windows screen readers. I know that older
versions of JFW and Window-Eyes had problems with the command prompt
but that's not the case with current versions of Jaws or Window-Eyes.
As you know I've been working on a roll playing game, now this
wrestling game, and Jaws 11, NVDA 2010,  and Window-Eyes 7.5 read the
text as soon as I print it to the display. On Linux using Speakup I
can read the text using the review cursor. So there shouldn't be any
issues with accessibility as far as I can tell.