Hi Thomas,
I think the people that want no card sounds, ask this for the same reasons some do not want dice rolling sounds in the GMA dice roller. The sound takes between 2 and 3 seconds to play and some do not want to wait that long to get a result. Others such as the hard of hearing can not hear the dice roll sound well. As the dice roller is totally self-voicing, they need to hear the result, but they can turn up the volume if necessary.
Phil

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] USA Blackjack

Hi Charles,

I guess that can be done. I'm probably going to have an options menu
so I'll put it in there along with the ability to turn the background
ambience on/off, card sounds on/off, etc. Believe it or not I've
already got a couple of requests telling me not to add card sounds
etc. I don't know why they object to sound effects, but its easy
enough to set a boolian flag for on/off so its no biggy.

Cheers!

That sounds like about half volume.  Heh heh heh.  Actually, that sounds
like it'll work. While you're at it, can you add a feature that saves the options? That's one small annoyance I have with some games that don't save them. You have to set the volume every time you start the program. Thanks.

---
Laughter is the best medicine, so look around, find a dose and take it to
heart.

-----
No virus found in this message.