Funny, Hal uses control but I always tend to use escape if for instance Hal is in the middle of document reading or the like sinse escpae does the same thing too.

Beware the grue!

dark.
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Interrupting Speech in MOTA

Hi,

Currently I have it mapped to control since that's usually what screen
readers use to silence speech. Thing is I've got this little technical
quark where it shuts up any status command asigned to any
control+letter combo. Reasigning it to something else is the obvious
solution for that problem, but there is no key that stands out in my
mind as an obvious alternative. Dark suggested the escape key which
means remapping exit/quit to q and shuffling things slightly.