Hi Rich,

Its possible, but the capslock key is near the tab key and I can see
myself and others bringing upt the inventory menu by mistake. Plus I'm
not sure, but you might end up enabling capslock, leaving the game,
and start typing with it still on. That could be a whole can of worms
in of itself. I think the escape key is probably the way to go here.

Cheers!