From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 4:29 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] Interrupting Speech in MOTA

Hi all,

Early this morning I was working on some bug fixes for Mysteries of the
Ancients, and one of the things I've finally got around to working on is
this issue of keyboard interrupts. I.E. being able to press a key and
interrupt speech as well as being able to run, walk, or fire weapons why the
game is talking. All of that is good news. However, I've ran into something
of a miner technical issue dealing with the new speech interrupt code. If I
asign it to the control key and then press something like control+w to speak
the current weapon it won't say anything because the control key is the
silence key. There is however a couple of quick and easy work arounds for
this issue. One, I can remap those keys to shift+w for speak weapon, shift+p
to speak number of potions, shift+t to speak torches remaining, etc. The
other is to think of using something else as the silence key. Any thoughts
on this matter?

Cheers!

subscription via the web, at