hi thomas,
I have read through this thread and I personally wouldn't use the slash or grave key to interrupt speech. Escape, however, would be ok. Another option would be alt, that's what sound rts uses and you can get used to it quickly enough. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 1:28 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] Interrupting Speech in MOTA

Hi all,

Early this morning I was working on some bug fixes for Mysteries of
the Ancients, and one of the things I've finally got around to working
on is this issue of keyboard interrupts. I.E. being able to press a
key and interrupt speech as well as being able to run, walk, or fire
weapons why the game is talking. All of that is good news. However,
I've ran into something of a miner technical issue dealing with the
new speech interrupt code. If I asign it to the control key and then
press something like control+w to speak the current weapon it won't
say anything because the control key is the silence key. There is
however a couple of quick and easy work arounds for this issue. One, I
can remap those keys to shift+w for speak weapon, shift+p to speak
number of potions, shift+t to speak torches remaining, etc. The other
is to think of using something else as the silence key. Any thoughts
on this matter?

database 5266 (20100709) __________

http://www.eset.com