To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Interrupting Speech in MOTA

Greetings Thomas.

You might consider assigning the grave accent to interrupt speech. It's a key that's rarely used in games, and has the merit of being near your operating hand, and is readily accessible.

The grave accent key, for example, is at the left-hand corner of most keyboards, clearly delineated from the escape key. It's also not that far of a reach from the control key, so you could still keep your thumb on the control or shift key while reaching up to silence speech.

Jacob suggested using the slash, but that one is surrounded by a multitude of keys, making it less accessible (even for the right hand.

Kai