I like the idea of using the escape key to interrupt speech. To quit the game, using the q makes sense.

---
Shepherds are the best beasts!
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 7:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Interrupting Speech in MOTA

Hi,

Well, using the spacebar in this case is not a good idea. That' is of
course the fire key. Although, I love your suggestion to use the
escape key. I can always remap quit game to q. That might throw a few
people at first, but I can think of a number of games where q brings
up a quit prompt. Still I'll see what everyone else has to say first.

Cheers!