From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Clement Chou
Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2011 11:50 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Happy Star Wars Day

Actually, the empire and republic are considered two completely
different entities... because of how the system was run. The clones
were programmed to obey whoever was in charge of the empire as that
plan was apparently in place long before the clones were thouht of as
a military resource. This is shown in Revenge of the Sith when
Palpatine issues "order 66" and the clone commander responds, "It
will be done, my lord." At least to me, this implies that the
knowledge of who they're working for has already been programmed into
their subconscious and was waiting for that trigger. Until then they
were all-too-happy to serve the republic and obey the Jedi, since
many of the squads have Jedi leading them. For anyone who doesn't
know about order 66... this was the order to begin the "jedi perge."
All the clone commanders turned on the Jedi who were leading them,
including Obi Wan... who was the only one who managed to escape from
them. Well, there are a couple more I can think of, but the empire
eventually caught up with them.. and the Jedi perge was also
happening on Coruscant, as Anakin Skywalker, who was by then known as
Darth Vader, had already turned to the Dark Side and personally
slaughtered all the Jedi in the Temple.