Hi,

Well, at least from what I read most Sith spirits are confined to a
certain place like a temple or tomb. Although, Exar Kun's case might
be different considering he used the Massassi Temples to escape the
Jedi Knights who were hunting him in the Knights of the Old Republic
series comics. They killed his body, but Kun managed to seal his
spirit in the Mesassi temple until someone could set him free. Which
happened in the Jedi Academy series.