Chris, thanks for the feedback.  I've read through your observations and added
a few new things to my to-do list.

I will put this information into the game, but I should take this opportunity
to explain how the tiles work.  The interactions of grass, moss, and mushrooms
work on a tile by tile basis.  The numbers are not averaged between tiles, so
you could end up with a situation like no bugs or grass on half of your dome.
Animals are not linked to a specific tile because they actually travel from
tile to tile in search of food.  If you did happen to have half of your dome
void of any bugs, you would know your birds are likely to spend most of their
time on the side with bugs.