Hi Bryan,

True, but often times this community jumps to the wrong conclusion
when they don't have any evidence to prove their opinions false. Here
is a case in point.

Back in 2005 when James North had  not produced working copies of
Montezuma's Revenge and Raceway there was this huge group of people
who said it was all a scam. That opinion was false as I happen to have
the original source code, written in VB 6, for Raceway and Montezuma's
Revenge that proves he was in deed working on those games as well as
his changelog files etc. From what I seen of reading through his
personal notes and such is that there would be long stretches between
updates. He might start working on something on a Sunday,  stop
working on it for a few days, and take up with it on Friday night.
This looks to me like a man working around a busy schedule rather than
someone who was outright trying to scam people. As to why he would say
the game would be released on x, and turn around and then say it was
not ready I'll never know. All I can say based on his notes is that he
was in deed working on it, but progress was slow and spread out over a
haphazard schedule. If James North had just been more forthcoming
about his work schedule people might have understood, but since he
said nothing people asumed the worst.

Bottom line, I think we could be seeing something very similar. I'm
pretty sure Jake has no intention to scam people. It is more likely
there have been delays, setbacks, he never planned on and regardless
of what he says or does there will be a few people who won't believe a
word he says until he produces the game. If he does produce it I'm
also pretty certain his detracters will not be man or woman enough to
apologise for dragging his name through the mud.

Cheers!