Hi Dark,

Yes, that's my understanding of the U.S. free matter for the blind
service as well. It only applies to braille books, braille news
letters, audio tapes, and sometimes to something like a talking book
player or similar specialized device. I'm not at all sure what Jeremy
wants to send via freem atter would apply as it is outside of the list
of items that usually qualify for that service.

Generally speaking, computer software and realated materials, although
specialized, has to come through the normal mail. Back before I
stopped using commercial screen readers like Jaws or Window-Eyes I
always got them through the normal mail service. That is freedom
Scientific and GW Micro had to charge me shipping and handling to ship
the product to me. They could not ship it free matter for the blind
even though it is a blind specific product. I think that is because
they aren't a non-profit organization. Since Jaws, Window-Eyes, etc
are commercial products they have to pay shipping and handling. I
don't know how that would effect Jeremy who isn't necessarily
commercially selling his games, but isn't a non-profit organization
either.

Cheers!