Hi Jim,

Oh, yeah. i've seen that problem. The neospeech voices in particular
are bad about spelling words they don't know. That makes them pretty
hard to use with a screen reader like NVDA as when you begin working
on a line of code they will start spelling function names rather than
saying them. For example, printf () might be p r in t f () instead of
saying print-f (). That's why I generally use Eloquence or Espeak when
programming as they aren't in the habit of spelling things they don't
know.

That said, sometimes misspelling a word fixes the problem when
creating games, but I've found sometimes ittakes a while to come up
with something close to what you want. Sometimes there is something
wrong with the sinth itself where it puts too much accent on a letter
or just doesn't say it right regardless of what you do. I've had this
issue with certain Klingon words and names as the sinths don't have
the proper accents to make it sound correct. So with a game like STFC
I've had to just flub it and settle for the closest match possible.