Hmmm, interesting artical, though I'm not as convinced myself, not with some of the things the Wii has done in control that are specifically tied to the hardware.

however, I will say that with the far fewer playable mainstream games, i'm less interested myself in consoles than I used to be back in the days of the Snes or Mega drive when many games were playable for me, or even during the release of the gba where I could play games using a gamecube and gba player.

As I've said, access wise I stil think indi developers are the best way forward.

Beware the grue!