Hi Che,

That's interesting. I would have thought adding more graphics even
simple graphics like cards for an online card game would have some
pull with the mainstream community, but there could be some other
factors involved here.

One factor could be to a mainstream gamer yours is just one of many
online card games available to a sighted computer gamer. Internet
gaming is a large boom now, and one of the first types of games that
hit the internet at large were card games, board games, etc and for
many mainstream gamers it might be a case of been there done that so
to speak.

The other factor could be just the way the mainstream gaming community
is going at large. Sure card games are still fairly basic from
graphics and animation, but when we look at the new games for the PS
III and the XBox 360 the graphics are very detailed and sharp compared
to previous generation platforms. Tomb Raider Annaversary, a remake of
Tomb Raider I, was light years more graphical and technically
supperior than than the game it was based on. If we, as blind
developers, want to keep up we'll end up having to spend a large
amount of time, money, and energy adding high end graphics and
animations to our games just to make them remotely competative to the
mainstream market. This would be, as you say, a waist of time.

Some people are of the opinion that if we were to add simple graphics
and animations the mainstream gamers would flock to our side and play
our games. I sincerely doubt it, and the way graphics technology is
evolving makes it pretty unlikely that you or I could keep up with
that and still produce accessible games that wouldn't take 50 years to
create. Lol!