Hi Tom.

I see your point aobut online cards, however I'm afraid I don't agree about graphics entirely, simply because that is not the way the pc indi games work.

Obviously, a group of three or four people making a game on their own won't! be able to produce something of the same graphical quality as a multi million dollar company, however such games are stil made and stil sold. Look at aHurrican, the turrican remake. It took 5 years to develope, and has won inumerable awards but graphically is probably only just at the same quality as the playstation 1. Either in a retro style to nostalgia retro freaks, or to people who like a specific type of game, such as the players of roguelikes.

I'm not sure about adding full graphics to something like shades of doom, or even more simple games like mota, sinse even to create Snes style graphics would probably take as much time as making the game itself, but simple ones for castaways would! appeal to the players of things like angband, dungeon, Dwarf fortress, rogue etc, (maybe even the rocks n diamonds players), people who rely more on game mechanics than on visual appeal.

Then of course, imo a game like shades gains considderable! horror and misteak just by being audio anyway, so more graphics would imho spoil the experience anyway.

Beware the grue!