Hi all,
I've kept my mouth shut throughout this whole ordeal because I wasn't
exactly sure what angle I wanted to look at this from. However, I
think I've formulated something that could be considered a diplomatic
opinion now.
I tend to agree with Daron in many of the points he raised in the past
couple of days. If someone is having personal problems, they need to
prioritize their lives. What is more important, getting a program out
by a certain deadline, or working on the problems you have and then
being able to come back with a clearer head, which would perhaps
strengthen not only the end result, but how the community feels about
you as a whole? Personally, I would take the latter route, and not try
to dump my problems on others when the going gets tough. Yes, it's
wrong for people to constantly harass someone because the game hasn't
come out on time or hasn't met their standards, and to those people I
say get a life, get off your computer and be patient.
As for the cursing and everything that went down yesterday, everyone
has their breaking points, that's true. But to dig yourself a hole
that you might not be able to climb out of seems pretty
counterproductive. You can come back and apologize all you want, but
the damage has already been done. In time people may forgive and
forget, and some are more willing to than others, but as Jeremy
pointed out, I don't think this is the first or last time we will see
something like this.