From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2011 7:38 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Game Terminology was General Gaming Info

Hi tom.

Your point about computers and consoles is exactly right, indeed while I was

growing up it was very common to have versions of the same game such as
final fight, ghouls n ghosts, golden axe or streetfighter 2 to be out for
consoles like the snes, and home computers like the Amigar as well.

Of course, due to markiting things are changing rapidly, with new adverts
advertizing video games, and the term computer now only applying to certain
devices which are not necessarily game related.

Though certainly if you go around on the net you'll discover people using
the term computer games stil, especially of people who play things like
roguelikes, which are undoubtedly played on a computer, but certainly
involve very litle "video" elements in terms of graphics.

i actually had to think terminology out last year when we had a big clean up

of the game genres on audiogames.net.

that was quite interesting sinse several genres had to be specially thought
up, for instance I thought it was a good idea as there are now so many space

invaders games to have that as it's own genre different from arcade games.

The full info on classifications can be found at
http://audiogames.net/page.php?pagefile=Genres

And we did a similar one for license types as well, whih is at
http://audiogames.net/page.php?pagefile=licenses

I'd be interested to know people's thoughts on these, and also if people
have any questions.

all the best,

-----
No virus found in this message.