Hi Phil.

While I like the mote digging idea, I'm less certain of the actual water needs.

There are various things in castaways, such as washing, mending and making of everyday clothes, dumping rubbish, cobling shoes, rope making making plates or furniture etc that are sort of assumed to be done by your people automatically when they're not carrying out larger community projects.

i always took it that fetching water was one of these.

So while I like your mote idea, I'm less of a fan of the rest, unless you want to go into full micro management mode where you need to physically equip each farmour with a spade, have people dig drying pits for skins and make scrapers to scrape the skins clean, have pelts soakedand carded into useable fir and wool before being spun etc.

Btw, I did suggest to Jeremy that he does include some of these as desasters in the higher difficulties, eg, your blacksmith stops work because your butcher has broken a cleaver and needs a new one, or your peasants' work load is reduced while they darn their clothes etc, just to give you an idea of all the other tasks that people are having to do every day to keep your larger community projects going.

Beware the grue!