From: "Jeremy Kaldobsky" <jer...@kaldobsky.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2011 9:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Castaways version 1.6b including Mission 3

The good news is that the walls will not stop your own people.  While not
specifically mentioned, I'm assuming the walls have gates or doors that your
own people can open to let your troops travel through.

These descriptions aren't super specific, but here is a general idea about
the effectiveness of the troop types.

- The soldier has low defense and attack abilities.  Against Goblins he can
do alright, Against Yetti he will struggle, but against specialty human
troops he will be at a huge disadvantage.

- The Knight has the greatest armor and generally deals out the most damage
on the battlefield.  He is about 5 times the attack power of a regular
soldier.  They are somewhat slow on the field though.

- The Ranger is probably about 4 times the attack power of a regular
soldier, and his armor is about 25% less than that of a soldier.  Rangers
are more work to create than Knights, but this is because they travel faster
and are also much more effective against enemy Knights.  Their killing power
nearly doubles when facing enemy Knights.

- Cavalry are weaker than even Rangers.  They deal about 3 times the damage
of a regular soldier, but their speed on the field is much faster than
anyone else.  If memory serves me, they are nearly double the speed of a
night so they are more efficient soldiers in that regard.  Their specialty
is to attack enemy Rangers, and their killing power nearly doubles when they
face them.

- Pikemen are nearly identical to Rangers in terms of attack power, defense,
and speed.  The pikemen are a little bit slower and have a little bit more
armor, but generally they are equal.  The Big difference is that pikemen
absolutely slaughter enemy Cavalry.  Their killing power tripples when they
face them.  The perfect counter to pikemen is Knights actually.  Knights
double their attack power when facing pikemen.

I hope that helps.
I'm also currently aware of a bug with the War tent, and a bug with the
leather not being produced properly.  I've already fixed the leather bug but
I'm trying to fix the War tent bug before I post the fix.  Sorry for any
convenience on that.